How amazing would it be if you could cook pork chops in just one minute? Well now you can by using a pressure cooker. And you can help yourself to buy the right pick for yourself by reading the best pressure cookers reviews here.
Obviously, there’s a little more to it than just 1 minute in the pressure cooker. There’s the time to brown the chops and the time to prepare your other ingredients, but this quick meal should usually only take around twenty minutes altogether. It’s ideal for a quick, tasty meal when you are short on time and don’t want to resort to processed food.
How It Works and Some Handy Hints and Tips
· The trick with using a pressure cooker is that the high pressure cooks the meat really quickly. In an oven, cooking the meat this quickly with high temperatures would lead to being dried up and inedible, but because the pressure cooker uses steam, the meat stays tender.
· You want to use the minimum cooking time possible. You don’t want to over-cook it and have the meat end up dry. It is possible to over-cook meat to the point of re-tenderising it. This can lead to reasonably tender meat, but all the juices will have escaped meaning the meat won’t be as flavourful.
· You will also find that by creating a one-pot meal, not only will you have the bonus of a lot less washing-up, but the meat will be infused with the flavours of the accompany vegetables and seasonings.
· Don’t be tempted to keep opening the lid. Every time you open the lid, you lose the pressure and you have to start over again.
· If the one-minute cooking time still sounds a bit unrealistic, don’t forget that the meat is cooking as the pressure builds and as it releases too, the one-minute refers to the time the pressure cooker is operating on full pressure.
· Before serving, use a meat thermometer to ensure the temperature is at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Make sure you are using the same cut and thickness of meat as the recipe calls for otherwise, you’re cooking time will be off and the meat may end up over or under cooked.
· Don’t be frightened to experiment with flavour combinations – you never know when you’ll find your family’s new favourite meal!
· If you’re adding potatoes, this cooking process will make them really soft. This is ideal for mashing, but if you want to serve them whole, it might be a good idea to wrap them in foil prior to cooking so they retain a bit more firmness.
Cooking one-minute pork chops is definitely something you should try. Who doesn’t want beautifully tender, flavourful meat? And the speed in which you can make dinner is fantastic. It’s ideal for someone with a hungry family who don’t want to wait ages for oven cooked meat, or for someone trying to eat healthily on the go.
Pressure cookers used to be really popular, and then they seemed to sort of fall off trend, but they are on the rise again, so maybe it’s time to dust yours off and put it to good use.